These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a mash up of my two favourite cookies. They’re full of yummy peanut butter taste and the chewy heartiness of oats. They’re smooth and thick and completely irresistible.
Why We Love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I’m an unapologetic cookie lover. What’s to not love? They’re fast and straightforward to make with substances you often have readily available, and with hundreds of recipes at our fingertips, there’s all the time some scrumptious new model to strive. And though we do get pleasure from making an attempt new recipes on occasion, I discover myself coming again to this humble little cookie again and again. It’s a hearty, satisfying cookie with simply sufficient sweetness to fulfill your candy tooth. It’s additionally loaded with peanut butter and oats, giving it a pleasant chewy texture. They freeze nice and make the right lunchbox deal with or afternoon snack. If you’re a peanut butter lover, or an oatmeal cookie lover, otherwise you simply love cookies generally… that is the cookie for you.
Elements for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- oatmeal: we used common rolled oats
- flour: all-purpose flour works finest right here
- baking powder & soda: for leavening
- salt: I like to make use of kosher salt
- butter: I often use salted butter as a result of it’s what I’ve readily available. If utilizing unsalted butter, modify the quantity of salt added if needed.
- peanut butter: we used common creamy peanut butter, however crunchy would add a pleasant texture!
- sugar: common granulated white sugar works finest
- brown sugar: helps preserve the cookies smooth and chewy and provides a caramely taste
- egg: one giant egg for construction and texture
- vanilla: provides a pleasant, rounded taste to the cookie
How one can Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Whisk collectively dry substances.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively till creamy.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla, beat once more.
- Stir dry substances into the creamed combination simply till mixed.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop onto parchment coated cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 levels for 12-14 minutes or till set. Don’t over bake!
Ideas & Substitutions
- Resist the temptation to over bake these cookies! They are going to be frivolously browned on the sides, and the center will nonetheless look smooth. That is once you need to pull them out of the oven. They are going to arrange as they sit and you’re going to get a young, chewy cookie. In any other case your cookies will find yourself dry and crumbly.
- I’ve used fast cooking oats in a pinch. It provides a little bit of a special texture to the cookie, however works simply fantastic.
- After including the dry substances, stir simply till mixed. Over mixing will produce a tricky cookie.
- Cookie scoops are a recreation changer! We used this one.
- You’ll be able to chill the dough for longer, however it is going to be too onerous to scoop. Permit the dough to relaxation at room temperature till scoopable.
- When you completely should have chocolate in your cookies, chocolate chips are a very yummy addition!
- These freeze nice too. You’ll be able to freeze the cooled, baked cookies in an hermetic container or storage bag. You may also scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze till strong, then add the dough balls to a ziplock freezer bag. This lets you bake them up recent each time the craving strikes.
Extra Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Whisk collectively the dry substances (oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl; put aside.
In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat collectively the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high pace till easy and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat till mixed, scraping down the edges as wanted.
Add the dry substances to the bowl and blend on low simply till mixed. Cowl and chill for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels and take away the dough from the fridge. Whether it is too onerous, enable to relaxation on the counter till it softens sufficient that you may scoop it.
Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till cookies turn out to be barely golden brown. Don’t over bake! The facilities will nonetheless look smooth.
Permit to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than eradicating to a wire rack to chill utterly. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn out to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie