What’s summer time with out juicy burgers piled excessive together with your favourite toppings? Right now we’re grilling up an excellent distinctive burger taste that I created a few years in the past and completely fell in LOVE with. These Moroccan-spiced turkey burgers are stuffed with warming spices like cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper and cinnamon that give them essentially the most great taste.
I topped these infants with my go-to burger toppings like contemporary lettuce and purple onion, plus my *well-known* creamy feta sauce for the right mixture of spicy, salty, creamy, and oh-so-delicious.
We love grilling up these burgers for the right summer time weeknight meal, however you’ll be able to simply make them on the stovetop, too! Get all of my suggestions for cooking and customizing them within the submit and luxuriate in.
FREE Final Information to Grilling
Get our FREE, printable e-book with all the suggestions, methods and tutorials you’ll want to realize confidence behind the grill this summer time (and all 12 months spherical!)
The explanation these turkey burgers are referred to as “Moroccan-spiced” is from the unimaginable, warming spices blended proper into them. We’re utilizing a mix of floor cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne pepper to provide the burgers an extremely scrumptious taste that’s not like your common previous hamburger.
The mix of spices, together with different flavorful ones like floor ginger, saffron, allspice, paprika, cardamom and coriander, are sometimes present in conventional Moroccan dishes like warming bowls of tagine.
What you’ll have to make these Moroccan-spiced turkey burgers
Together with floor turkey (or hen), you’ll simply want your mix of spices to make the burgers, plus my unimaginable feta sauce and any toppings your coronary heart wishes. Right here’s the whole lot to replenish on:
- Floor turkey: I like to make use of a 93% lean floor turkey or hen in order that it nonetheless has a little bit of fats content material to remain good and juicy.
- Veggies: you’ll additionally combine some finely diced purple onion and cilantro into the burgers for additional taste.
- Honey: a bit of sweetness pairs fantastically with all the savory flavors within the turkey burgers.
- Spices: you’ll want ground cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Sauce: belief me once I say the creamy feta sauce drizzled on prime of one among these burgers is UNREAL.
- Toppings: I like serving these turkey burgers on a multigrain bun with butterhead lettuce and a few sliced purple onion, however as much as you!
Straightforward methods to customise your turkey burger
The very best half about burgers? You’ll be able to completely customise them to your style preferences and what you might have available.
- Select the meat. As I discussed, be happy to make use of floor hen as a substitute of floor turkey, too! I might nonetheless suggest no leaner than 93% fats. This recipe can even work with common beef!
- Swap your sauce. If you wish to preserve this recipe dairy free and/or paleo-friendly, be happy to swap the feta sauce for my scrumptious tahini sauce.
- Use your fav toppings. Burger toppings are really what makes the burger, proper? Choose your favourite buns or use lettuce wraps, add some contemporary produce like tomato, lettuce, purple onion, avocado and even cilantro, or preserve them easy with the sauce.
- Choose the spice degree. When you love spice like I do be happy so as to add a bit of additional cayenne pepper and even cube up a jalapeño within the burger combination. Not a fan of spice? You too can omit the cayenne pepper fully.
Juicy turkey burgers in 4 easy steps
- Make the feta sauce. Begin by making that creamy feta sauce in order that it’s prepared when your burgers are. You’ll be able to even make it a day forward of time should you’d like!
- Prep your grill. Preheat your grill to medium excessive warmth and brush the grates with olive oil to forestall sticking.
- Make the burgers. Subsequent, you’ll combine collectively all the substances for the turkey burgers: floor turkey, purple onion, cilantro, honey, and people wonderful spices.
- Grill & serve. Lastly, grill the burgers for 6-8 minutes per facet and prime them with the feta sauce, veggies, buns and your fav sides!
Make them on the stovetop
Don’t really feel like firing up your grill? You’ll be able to 100% use the range! To make these turkey burgers on the stovetop merely add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to a nonstick skillet and place it over medium warmth. As soon as scorching, cook dinner your burgers for 4-5 minutes per facet till they’re not pink.
When are turkey burgers totally cooked?
In contrast to beef burgers, you’ll want to completely cook dinner turkey and hen burgers. I like to recommend utilizing a meat thermometer and checking to ensure it reads 165 levels F. Bear in mind to enroll in the AK Information to Grilling for extra suggestions like this!
Get our greatest suggestions for grilling burgers
On the lookout for extra suggestions & methods for grilling all sorts of burgers? Head to this submit and also you’ll make one of the best, juicy burgers each time.
Retailer any leftover turkey burgers in an airtight container within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. Be happy to reheat within the microwave or in a skillet.
Make forward & freeze burgers for later
These Moroccan-inspired turkey burgers make one of the best meal prep dinner that you may freeze for later! Listed below are two methods to do it:
- Freeze earlier than cooking: form your turkey burgers and place them in an hermetic, freezer-friendly bag or container. When you’re stacking the burgers I’d suggest placing wax or parchment paper in between the layers in order that they don’t stick collectively. Freeze for as much as 3 months. To reheat, you’ll be able to both allow them to thaw within the fridge earlier than cooking or cook dinner them immediately from frozen – it’s possible you’ll simply have to cook dinner them a bit longer from frozen.
- Freeze after cooking: let your turkey burger patties cool fully earlier than putting them in hermetic, freezer-friendly containers or baggage. As I discussed above, put wax or parchment paper in between the layers of burgers should you’re stacking them. Freeze them for as much as 3 months. To reheat, allow them to thaw within the fridge earlier than reheating within the microwave or on the stovetop for a pair minutes on both sides. You too can reheat these immediately from frozen – I like to recommend doing so on the stovetop.
The proper sides on your turkey burgers
What are burgers with out some scrumptious facet dishes? Listed below are a few of our favs:
Get all of our scrumptious summer time recipes right here!
Our beneficial instruments
Head to the AK Store to see extra of our fav kitchen necessities.
I hope you’re keen on these Moroccan-spiced turkey burgers! When you make them you should definitely depart a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred them. Get pleasure from, xo!
Moroccan-Spiced Turkey Burgers with Creamy Feta Sauce
Unimaginable Moroccan-spiced turkey burgers with spices like cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. Drizzle them with a savory, creamy feta sauce and pile them excessive together with your favourite burger toppings for the right summer time dinner! Choices to grill the burgers or make them on the stovetop.
- For the burgers:
- 1 pound 93% lean floor turkey or hen
- 1/4 cup very finely diced purple onion
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon floor cumin
- 1 teaspoon floor turmeric
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- For the feta sauce:
- 1 batch feta sauce
- For meeting:
- 4 hamburger buns of selection, gluten-free and/or toasted if desired
- Butterhead lettuce
- Sliced purple onion
First make your feta sauce so it’s able to go as soon as your burgers are executed cooking.
Preheat the grill to medium excessive warmth (about 400 levels F). Brush the grates with olive oil to forestall sticking.
Make the hen burgers by including the bottom hen/turkey, diced purple onion, cilantro, honey, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to a big bowl. Combine together with your palms till evenly mixed. Divide into 4 equal parts and form into 1/3 inch patties.
Grill over medium-high warmth (round 400 levels F) for 6-8 minutes per facet or till burgers are cooked by and a meat thermometer reads 165 levels F.
To serve burgers, prime with feta sauce, and both place purple onion and lettuce on prime or backside. Serve instantly. Nice with candy potato fries or contemporary fruit!
See the total submit for suggestions, methods, methods to customise these burgers, and extra.
Serving: 1burger (with sauce, with out bun)Energy: 218kcalCarbohydrates: 6.9gProtein: 26.4gFats: 9.4gSaturated Fats: 3.4gFiber: 0.7gSugar: 5.2g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on June seventh, 2021, and republished on June twenty seventh, 2023.