These simple, flavorful Thai-inspired hen satay skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices after which grilled and served with a scrumptious spicy peanut sauce for dipping.
Hen Satay Recipe
Anytime we exit for Thai meals, we all the time order the satay! My husband is obsessive about coconut milk and peanut sauce, so I make this hen dish on a regular basis as a meal with some jasmine rice and cucumber salad. For extra of my favourite Thai recipes, do this simple Pad Thai, Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad, and Thai Hen Peanut Lettuce Cups.
Hen satay with peanut sauce is common in lots of nations in Southeast Asia from Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia. When grilled it has a scrumptious smoky candy taste, and the lime juice offers it a shiny pop of taste. The marinated meat might be made a day forward if you wish to make this for a celebration.
Hen Satay Elements
- Coconut Milk: I used canned mild coconut milk to scale back the energy.
- Fish Sauce: The fish sauce doesn’t make the satay style fishy. I extremely advocate utilizing it!
- Pink Curry Paste: For those who don’t have purple curry paste, sub inexperienced curry or use curry powder as a substitute.
- Brown Sugar provides just a little sweetness.
- Cilantro: For those who don’t like cilantro, omit it.
- Seasoning: Turmeric, salt, black pepper
- Hen: Thinly slice boneless, skinless hen cutlets into strips about three inches lengthy and one inch huge.
- Garnish: Cilantro, peanuts, lime wedges
What’s peanut dipping sauce fabricated from?
- Broth: Use low-sodium hen broth.
- Peanut Butter: I used creamy peanut butter
- Soy Sauce: Select low-sodium soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free.
- Honey: You’ll be able to swap honey with agave syrup
- Sriracha: For those who’re serving individuals who don’t like spicy meals, omit the sriracha, and other people can drizzle it over their hen if they need the additional warmth.
- Ginger: Grate a teaspoon of recent ginger.
- Garlic: Mince one garlic clove.
Make Hen Satay
- Hen Satay Marinade: Combine all of the marinade substances in a bowl after which add the hen. Marinate the protein for not less than 4 hours or as much as in a single day.
- Spicy Peanut Sauce: Whisk all of the peanut sauce substances in a small saucepan. Carry it to a boil, scale back the warmth, and cook dinner till easy, stirring continuously. Set it apart to chill to room temperature.
- Bamboo Skewers: To stop the sticks from burning, soak them for not less than one hour whereas the hen marinates. Then thread the hen onto them.
- Grill: Set the grill to excessive warmth, and cook dinner the hen for 2 to 3 minutes on both sides till it’s cooked by means of.
- Serve the hen satay with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
What to Serve with Hen Satay
To make this a essential dish serve it with Jasmine rice or coconut rice and sliced cucumbers. These skewers additionally make a fantastic appetizer in the event you’re entertaining outside this summer time.
Leftover hen satay lasts as much as 4 days within the fridge or three months within the freezer. Freeze the hen in zip-locked luggage or hermetic containers. Then thaw in a single day within the fridge and reheat within the microwave.
For those who don’t wish to waste the remainder of the canned coconut milk, put it aside for an additional recipe or double or triple the marinade, and freeze the opposite half for later. To make use of it, thaw it within the fridge after which marinate your hen in response to the directions. You can too freeze the peanut sauce.
- Hen: Swap cutlets with boneless, skinless hen breasts, beef or boneless hen thighs. And if you wish to save a while, use hen tenders.
- Allergic to peanut butter? Substitute almond butter.
- Allergic to fish sauce? Sub soy sauce or tamari.
- No grill? You can too use a grill pan or broil the hen in the event you don’t wish to grill it.
- Wish to make them even simpler? Skip the sticks and saute them in a scorching skillet or air fry them 400F, about 7 to eight minutes.
Extra Hen Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 Servings
Serving Dimension: 4 skewers
For the Peanut Sauce (makes 1/2 cup):
In a bowl, combine the marinade substances besides the hen. Slice the hen into lengthy, skinny strips, about 3 inches lengthy by 1 inch huge, and add to marinade. Flip hen to coat, cowl and refrigerate not less than 4 hours or longer.
In the meantime, put together the peanut sauce. Mix all of the substances in a small saucepan and whisk properly. Carry to a boil, scale back warmth and cook dinner till easy, stirring continuously, about 5 minutes. Put aside to chill to room temperature.
Put together grill to excessive warmth and thread marinated hen onto soaked bamboo skewers. Place on grill and cook dinner 2 to three minutes per aspect, or till cooked by means of. Serve with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and peanuts.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Don’t wish to grill them? Skip the sticks and saute them in a scorching skillet or air fry them 400F, about 7 to eight minutes.
Serving: 4 skewers, Energy: 265 kcal, Carbohydrates: 8 g, Protein: 34.5 g, Fats: 9 g, Saturated Fats: 3 g, Ldl cholesterol: 103.5 mg, Sodium: 918.5 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 5.5 g