This fast and straightforward Grilled Pineapple with honey, lime juice, and cinnamon is the right dessert for summer season dinners or yard events!
Pineapple is scrumptious, however if you need one thing fast and easy for dessert this summer season, strive grilling it. This wholesome Grilled Pineapple is made with simply 5 components! A superb deal with and in addition nice in candy and savory dishes, and you’ll high the whole lot from ice cream, banana good cream, yogurt, cottage cheese to burgers with it. For one more summer season fruit you’ll be able to throw on the grill, strive these Grilled Peaches with Honey and Yogurt, and all my grilling recipes are right here if you wish to prepare dinner outdoors extra this summer season.
Why You’ll Wish to Grill Pineapple All Summer time
- Simple Marinade: The pineapple marinade solely makes use of 4 components, most of which you in all probability have available.
- Fast: Brush the honey-lime sauce on the fruit proper earlier than grilling – no want to attend for it to marinate.
- Wholesome: Pineapple is loaded with vitamin C and manganese and has some fiber.
- Versatile: Whereas this candy grilled pineapple works nice as a dessert, it additionally pairs nicely with savory meals.
Continuously Requested Questions:
Does grilling pineapple make it sweeter?
Sure, grilling pineapple makes it style sweeter than uncooked pineapple because the warmth caramelizes the pure sugars.
Is it higher to grill recent or canned pineapple?
Recent pineapple grills higher than canned. Nevertheless, if pineapple isn’t in season, use canned fruit packed in pineapple juice, not syrup.
What’s one of the simplest ways to chop a pineapple to grill?
Under is how I lower a pineapple for grilling:
- Lower the outer pores and skin off the pineapple with a pointy knife.
- Slice the pineapple into half-inch-thick items.
You may core the pineapple if you need, however there’s no want. When you grill the fruit, the core will get softer and is OK to eat, or you’ll be able to eat round it.
How do you retain pineapples from sticking to the grill?
It’s important to spray your grill or grill pan with oil to stop pineapple from sticking.
How do you marinate pineapple?
My favourite option to marinate a ripe pineapple is with this straightforward marinade:
- Honey: You should use no matter honey you’ve gotten, however darkish honey has a extra intense taste.
- Olive Oil: All you want is a teaspoon of oil.
- Lime Juice: The tartness of the recent lime pairs nicely with the sweetness of the fruit.
- Cinnamon for a heat and sophisticated taste.
Methods to Grill Pineapple
- Pineapple Marinade: Whisk the honey, oil, lime juice, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Prep the BBQ: Warmth the grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high. Flippantly coat the grill grates with oil spray.
- Grill the Pineapple: Brush the pineapple circles with the marinade and place it on the grill. Prepare dinner, turning as soon as and basting with the remaining marinade, for 3 to 4 minutes on all sides. It’s prepared when it begins to caramelize and is tender, golden and grill marks seem.
What to Serve with Grilled Pineapple
Methods to Retailer Grilled Pineapple
You probably have leftovers, it’ll final about 3 days within the fridge. Reheat it within the microwave till heat, or eat it chilly.
- Spicy Grilled Pineapple: Add cayenne pepper for some warmth.
- Spices: Swap cinnamon for chili powder.
- Citrus: Substitute lemon or orange juice for lime.
- Sweetener: Use agave syrup, maple syrup or brown sugar as a substitute of honey or use sugar-free options.
Extra Pineapple Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 slices
In a small bowl, mix the honey, olive oil, lime juice, and cinnamon and whisk to mix. Put aside.
Warmth the grill or a grill pan over medium-high warmth.
When scorching, flippantly coat the grates with oil spray.
Flippantly brush the pineapple with the marinade.
Grill turning as soon as and basting a few times with the remaining marinade, till tender and golden, about 3-4 minutes on all sides.
Please leave a rating and comment letting us understand how you preferred this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 slices, Energy: 102 kcal, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 0.6 g, Fats: 1 g, Sodium: 2 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 21 g