This time of 12 months all I do is dream about peaches. In smoothies, on ice cream, as the bottom for salsa — you title it I’m down so as to add peaches. Through the years I’ve been creating increasingly scrumptious peach recipes, and I’ve realized that this gluten free peach crisp might be my favourite so you realize I needed to share it once more!
I first made this recipe for Tony’s Dad’s birthday years in the past. All of us sat collectively on the sofa, ate this peach crisp with vanilla bean ice cream, and bonded over Sport of Thrones. Apparently, I bear in mind my days by the meals I used to be consuming. Anybody else try this? Inform me I’m not alone.
Reality be informed, I’m fully infatuated with this crisp and never simply because I used to be initially watching Jon Snow between bites. Relatively, it’s as a result of this peach crisp is actually one in every of a sort (and simply so occurs to be gluten free and dairy free too so all your mates can get pleasure from it too.)
I wish to name this recipe: the perfect rattling gluten free peach crisp you’re ever going to eat in your life. So I suppose there’s all the time that too.
Welcome to the AK Summer season Collection
For the remainder of the summer season, we’ll be dedicating every week to pick summer season produce! Week 3 is HERE and we’re celebrating all issues peaches beginning with the perfect peach crisp you’ll ever eat. Keep tuned on the weblog and on Instagram for every week’s produce spotlight, enjoyable movies, and extra.
Gluten free peach crisp components
This unbelievable, more healthy peach crisp recipe is of course sweetened, vegan and dairy free however tastes oh-so indulgent. Juicy peaches, a crumbly oat topping, salted caramel drizzle — what extra may you ask for? Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- The peach filling: you’ll want some juicy ripe peaches, maple syrup, vanilla extract, warming cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s like a comfortable summertime hug.
- The crunchy oat topping: I’m just about obsessive about this crunchy, golden oat topping. To make it you’ll want gluten free rolled oats, pecans, darkish brown sugar or coconut sugar, salt, cinnamon and a few coconut oil. Basically you find yourself making your personal gluten free flour mixture out of oats and pecans. Half of the combination is mixed to create a flour-like consistency, and half stays entire to create a ridiculously crunchy topping! It’s SO good.
- The salted caramel: we’re maintaining the caramel dairy free by utilizing canned coconut milk, water, coconut sugar, vanilla and a few sea salt. The result’s AMAZING.
Easy components swaps
In case you’re out of any of those components for the gluten free peach crisp, right here’s what I can suggest:
- For the oats: for those who’re not gluten free, you may as well use common, all function flour within the topping. You might then wish to add extra melted coconut oil for moisture.
- For the coconut oil: be happy to make use of melted butter or vegan butter.
- For the pecans: I believe walnuts would even be nice for the topping!
- For the coconut sugar: be happy to additionally use brown sugar all through the recipe.
Now, can we get to the salted coconut milk caramel already?
The dairy free coconut milk caramel recipe is tremendous easy and solely requires 4 components to make. To make it:
- Combine the coconut milk, water & coconut sugar collectively on the stovetop over medium warmth.
- Deliver it to a boil, then cut back the warmth to low and let all of it simmer.
- Simmer the caramel for about quarter-hour till it thickens up, then stir in vanilla and sea salt.
- Watch your silky easy caramel occur!
It’s principally magic, and also you’ll be much more impressed after you drizzle it over the crunchy oat pecan topping. Now after all the caramel isn’t crucial, however it’s enjoyable to make and pretty straightforward, so I say why not?
Make-ahead peach crisp
This more healthy peach crisp is very easy to make and ideal for making forward of time! Merely put together the peach crisp as directed, cowl it with foil, place it within the fridge and bake as directed earlier than you’re able to serve.
Learn how to grill this peach crisp
You learn that proper — this gluten free peach crisp could be made proper in your grill! Skip the oven and comply with these easy directions:
- Preheat your grill. Activate a burner on just one aspect of your grill to 375 levels F or medium excessive warmth.
- Prep your crisp. Observe the peach crisp recipe up till you’re able to bake it. When you’ve added the peach filling and the crumble topping to a cast iron skillet, cowl the skillet with tinfoil.
- Grill your crisp. Place the skillet on the alternative aspect of the burner that’s lit. That is so that you’re not directly cooking the peach crisp and keep away from burning it. Bake the crisp for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or till the topping is golden brown and filling is effervescent.
- Take away & serve. Grill mitts are particularly helpful right here! Use them to take away the skillet from the grill, let the peach crisp cool after which serve heat along with your fav vanilla ice cream or yogurt on high.
- Within the fridge: retailer any leftover peach crisp in an airtight container within the fridge. Merely heat it up a bit within the microwave or get pleasure from chilly straight from the fridge.
- Within the freezer: sure, this wholesome peach crisp is freezer-friendly! Assemble the peach crisp however don’t bake it. Cowl the crisp nicely with aluminum foil and switch it to the freezer for as much as 3 months. Bake the frozen peach crisp at 350 levels for about an hour or till it’s golden and bubbly.
Extra methods to make use of contemporary peaches
Get all of our scrumptious peach recipes right here!
I hope you LOVE this gluten free peach crisp recipe as a lot as we did. Go away me know for those who make it by leaving a remark beneath, or snapping a photograph and tagging #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. xo!
Gluten Free Peach Crisp with Salted Coconut Milk Caramel
Juicy gluten free peach crisp with a crunchy pecan-oat topping and a drizzle of the best do-it-yourself dairy free caramel. You are going to LOVE this wholesome peach crisp recipe. The right summertime dessert with a scoop of your favourite ice cream!
- For the filling:
- 6-7 giant ripe peaches, thinly sliced (about 7 cups thinly sliced peaches)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Non-obligatory: 1 vanilla bean, break up and seeded
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- For the topping:
- 1 cup quaint rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1 cup uncooked chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup darkish brown sugar (may also sub coconut sugar however brown sugar is finest)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil (may also sub melted butter)
- For the salted coconut milk caramel:
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (gentle or full fats will work — simply make sure that the complete fats is stirred fully first)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 levels Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan or a ten inch skillet with coconut oil, butter or nonstick cooking spray.
In a big bowl, toss collectively the peach slices, maple syrup, vanilla, optionally available vanilla bean, cinnamon and nutmeg. Put aside when you make the topping.
To make the topping, add ½ cup oats and ½ cup pecans to a blender. Pulse for 15-30 seconds till oats are advantageous. Switch combination to a medium bowl, then add in remaining ½ cup oats and ½ cup chopped pecans, adopted by the darkish brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir with a fork to mix. Subsequent add in coconut oil and stir with a fork till it begins to type small clumps and is nicely mixed.
Seize ⅓ cup of the topping combination and add it the bowl with the peaches, stirring to mix. Add peaches to the skillet, spreading evenly. Sprinkle remaining topping evenly everywhere in the peaches. Bake for 40-55 minutes or till filling may be very bubbly, topping is golden brown and peaches are fork tender.
As soon as able to serve the peach crisp, make the coconut caramel by including the coconut milk, water and coconut sugar to a small saucepan. Place over medium excessive warmth and stir to mix. Deliver to a boil, then cut back warmth to low and simmer for quarter-hour or till combination thickens. Earlier than you take away from warmth add vanilla and sea salt. Drizzle caramel everywhere in the high of the peach crisp. Take pleasure in!
To retailer: retailer any leftover peach crisp in an hermetic container within the fridge. Merely heat it up a bit within the microwave or get pleasure from chilly straight from the fridge.
To freeze: sure, this wholesome peach crisp is freezer-friendly! Assemble the peach crisp however don’t bake it. Cowl the crisp nicely with aluminum foil and switch it to the freezer for as much as 3 months. Bake the frozen peach crisp at 350 levels for about an hour or till it is golden and bubbly.
Serving: 1serving (primarily based on 8)Energy: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 38.2gProtein: 3.1gFats: 18.9gSaturated Fats: 7.2gFiber: 4gSugar: 25.9g
This publish was initially revealed on July 23, 2017, republished on July 26, 2021, republished on July 20, 2022, and republished on July twenty third, 2023.