Do you know that you may make Peanut Butter Cups in your individual kitchen with solely 4 substances and only a fraction of the sugar? They’re tremendous simple, nice for holidays, excellent for gifting, and completely scrumptious!
More healthy Peanut Butter Cups
When it is advisable to fulfill your candy tooth, Peanut Butter Cups by no means disappoint. With their salty-sweet taste, creamy filling, and crisp chocolate coating it’s no surprise they’re a crowd favourite! When holidays roll round and the sweet begins to trickle in, peanut butter cups are one of many first to vanish from the sweet bowl.
One of many issues I like to do is to recreate a few of our favourite treats. For one, I can management the substances! It means I can reduce on the sugar, or make allergy substitutions when needed. If you use high-quality substances, the tip product is so a lot better. Plus- do-it-yourself treats are so enjoyable to present away. And one among our favourite methods to have fun the vacations! Change up the sprinkles to match the season and growth. These Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Cups are positive to unfold the love and are assured be a large hit!
Components For Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Cups:
- Excessive High quality Chocolate– go for a strong chocolate bar when you can. We used milk chocolate right here, however darkish chocolate could be scrumptious!
- Peanut Butter– we used all-natural creamy peanut butter. You can simply use sunbutter right here when you’ve got nut allergic reactions!
- Graham Crackers– graham cracker crumbs add an awesome texture that mimics store-bought peanut butter cups.
- Maple Syrup– maple syrup created the proper consistency for our filling. You can use powdered sugar when you choose, however you would possibly find yourself with a drier filling.
The best way to Make Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Cups:
- Put the peanut butter in a medium sized bowl. Microwave for about 15 seconds or till your peanut butter is softened.
- Crush the graham crackers into positive crumbs. Add to the peanut butter together with the maple syrup. Stir till mixed.
- Chop your chocolate bar and place in a microwave-safe bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Soften within the microwave. Stir each 30 seconds, till the chocolate is easy and melted. It ought to take not than 90 seconds.
- Pour half of your melted chocolate right into a silicone mold or a muffin tin with liners.
- Prime with a few teaspoon of the peanut butter combination.
- Pour the remaining chocolate on prime of the peanut butter. Faucet your mildew or muffin tin on the counter to take away air bubbles and be certain that the chocolate settles into the entire cracks and covers your peanut butter combination.
- Place within the fridge for 15-Half-hour or till the chocolate has set.
- If desired, drizzle the completed peanut butter cups with melted chocolate and prime with sprinkles. To realize the skinny drizzle of white chocolate in our photographs, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate backwards and forwards over the sweet, holding your hand excessive above.
Ideas & Recommendations
These will final for just a few days at room temperature, or in an hermetic container within the fridge for two weeks. In case you are stacking them, place parchment paper between the layers to keep away from sticking.
Sure! They freeze nice. Place in a freezer storage again or hermetic container for 2-3 months. Permit to come back to room temperature for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than having fun with. Or eat chilly!
You possibly can actually use any good high quality chocolate right here. White, milk, semisweet, or darkish chocolate would all be yummy! Semisweet and darkish chocolate will arrange firmer than the white or milk chocolate. Including a few half teaspoon of coconut oil to your melted chocolate may help with this. Almond Bark additionally
This can be a excellent spot to get inventive! We drizzled a few of ours with chocolate and topped them with sprinkles. However you may as well skip the drizzle and add the sprinkles earlier than the chocolate units. Use totally different sprinkles relying on the event! Flaked sea salt or chopped peanuts are additionally scrumptious.
You’ve gotten a pair totally different choices! We’ve additionally made these in a mini muffin tin with liners and that works nice. Don’t try and do it with out the liners, or you’ll simply be scraping them out. It’s also possible to make these in a pan! Line an 8×8-inch pan with parchment paper. Press the peanut butter combination into the pan and prime with melted chocolate. As soon as chilled, reduce into squares. They gained’t look precisely like peanut butter cups, however they’ll style simply as scrumptious!
Extra Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Treats:
Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Cups
Do-it-yourself Peanut Butter Cups which have lower than half the sugar and style higher than the actual factor!
Servings: 18 cups
- 1 cup peanut butter melted
- 4 sheets graham crackers finely crushed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pound chocolate bar chopped
Add your peanut butter to a medium sized bowl. Warmth within the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt. Stir within the graham cracker crumbs and maple syrup.
Place the chopped chocolate in a microwave secure bowl. Warmth for 30-second intervals, stirring between every interval, till easy and melted. This should not take longer than 75-90 seconds! Don’t overheat. When there are only a few items left, hold stirring. The residual warmth will easy it out.
Pour a small quantity of chocolate right into a silicone mildew or mini muffin pan with liners. Faucet to permit the chocolate to unfold.
Add a few teaspoon of the peanut butter combination to every cup. Prime with the remainder of the melting chocolate, tapping gently to permit the melted chocolate to settle into the mildew.
Put the peanut butter cups within the fridge for 20-Half-hour or till set.
If desired, drizzle with extra melted chocolate and prime with sprinkles. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 18g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 7g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 3mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find a number of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and plenty of sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie